General Pediatrics 2G Clinic, McMaster University Medical Centre, (beside Information Desk main floor)
2G Clinic |(905) 521-2100 ext. 78519 Fax (905) 521-5056
What services do we provide?
Outpatient Evaluation/Assessment of any general pediatric issues.
Our philosophy is family-centered care. We strive to provide the best care possible.
- The referral process is made through a direct referral from your family doctor
- Referrals can be faxed directly to 905-521-4981.
Referral Forms can be accessed here: PDF | MS Word (Right-Click and select 'Save Target As')
The clinic hours are:
- Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*We are closed holidays
This clinic is not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.
Changing or canceling your appointment
Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change or cancel your child's appointment @ 905-521-2100 Ext. 78519. All cancellations require 48 hours notice.
If your child has a communicable disease such as Chicken pox or has been in contact with someone with Chicken pox, please call the clinic before you come to your appointment.
What should you bring to the clinic?
- Health Card for your child - the Ministry of Health requires us to validate your health card at every visit.
- A list of all the medications your son/daughter is taking. Please include accurate names and dosages of all these medications.
- An updated record of all your child's immunizations
- Any X-rays, letters from your doctor, outside assessments, letters from school etc. that would be relevant to your appointment.
- You may be sent questionnaires prior to your appointment, please bring them to your first appointment.
- Any notes or questions that you may have.
McMaster Children's Hospital is affiliated with the McMaster University and the Degroote School of Medicine. Our clinic supports this affiliation and will have medical students and Pediatric residents working alongside the Pediatrician.
The family Resource Library is located in the 3F clinic. Volunteer staff is available to help families find information about their child's health or illness. Pamphlets, books, and resources on the Internet are available.
Every six months we survey families to ask your perceptions of care. If you have any concerns, please contact Randy Calvert, Clinical Manager.