Allergy / Asthma Clinic
Phone: (905) 521-2100, ext. 75012
Fax: (905) 521-2654
Location: 3F Clinic at McMaster University Medical Centre (third floor red elevators)
What services do we provide?
- Outpatient clinical service for children with asthma or allergy
- Treatment of children with asthma
- Assessment of children with potential allergic reactions
- Allergy testing and teaching
- Insect allergy and drug testing
- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) testing for egg allergy
- Family asthma education for a child with asthma
- The referral process is made through a direct referral from a pediatrician or family doctor to a specialist.
- Referrals can be faxed directly to clinic.
Referral Forms can be accessed here: PDF | MS Word (Right-Click and select 'Save Target As')
The clinic hours are Monday to Friday (closed on holidays)
- 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 to 4:30 p.m.
The clinics are not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.
Changing your appointment
Please contact us as soon as possible, if you need to change your child's appointment or cancel the appointment.
If your child has a communicable disease such as Chicken Pox or has been in contact with someone with Chicken Pox, please call the clinic before you come to the hospital.
What should you bring to the clinic?
- Your child's health card - the Ministry of Health requires us to validate your health card
- Any x-rays or letters from your doctor
- Any notes or questions that you may have
- List of medications as well as aerochambers and puffers
- Dr. P. Keith
- Dr. L. Pedder
- Dr. S. Waserman
Our team also includes a Registered Nurse.
Our philosophy is family-centered care. We strive to provide the best care possible.
The Family Resource Library is located in the 3F clinic. Volunteer staff are available to help families find information about their child's health or illness. Pamphlets, books, and resources on internet are available.
Each six months we survey families to ask your perceptions of care.
If you have any concerns please contact Randy Calvert, Clinical Manager.