Respirology / General Chest Clinic
Phone: (905) 521-2100, ext. 73508
Fax: (905) 521-2654
Location: 3F Clinic at McMaster University Medical Centre (third floor red elevators), and 2G Clinic (2nd floor by information desk)
What services do we provide?
- Comprehensive outpatient clinical service for children with Respiratory diseases or problems, including:
- Chronic Cough
- Recurrent Pneumonia
- Breathing difficulties
- Varioius lung conditions, etc.
- Access to Skin Prick Testing for environmental allergens (please avoid antihistamines [e.g., Benadryl, Claritin, Reactine, Allegra] 4 days prior to your appointment).
- Access to Pediatric Pulmonary Function & Exercise Stress Testing through our Medical Diagnostic Unit (MDU)
- Directions to the MDU - From the main entrance, turn right and take the Yellow section elevators to the 3rd floor. Turn right after the elevators. The MDU is well-marked and located on the right hand side of the corridor, 3U.
Please note that we do not accept referrals for:
- Asthma Education ONLY
- sleep-related consults; We do not currently have the infrastructure to perform sleep studies.
- The referral process is made through a direct referral from a pediatrician or family doctor to a specialist.
- Referrals can be faxed directly to clinic.
- Referral Forms can be accessed here: PDF | MS Word (Right-Click and select 'Save Target As')
The clinic runs on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. We strive to provide comprehensive, family-centered, multi-disciplinary team care to our patients. Due to the thoroughness of our evaluations, please note that clinic visits may take 1-2 hours.
The clinics are not for emergencies. If your child needs to be seen on an urgent basis, please contact your family doctor or go to your local emergency department.
Changing your appointment
Please contact us as soon as possible, if you need to change your child's appointment or cancel the appointment.
If your child has a communicable disease such as Chicken Pox or has been in contact with someone with Chicken Pox, please call the clinic before you come to the hospital.
What should you bring to the clinic?
- Your child's health card - the Ministry of Health requires us to validate your health card
- Any x-rays or letters from your doctor
- Any notes or questions that you may have
- List of medications as well as aerochambers and puffers
Dr. Linda Pedder (Respirologist)
- Julie Ball (Physiotherapist)
- Valerie Carroll (Registered Nurse)
- Rachel Freeman (Registered Dietitian)
- Alvin Gutierrez (Nurse Practitioner, Certified Asthma Educator)
- Heather McKean (Child Life Specialist)
- Jane Nash (Registered Nurse)
- Jennifer Thomas (Social Worker)
Our philosophy is family-centered care. We strive to provide the best care possible.
Each six months we survey families to ask your perceptions of care.
If you have any concerns please contact Diane Chandler, Clinical Manager via email at email@example.com